Saturday 30 April 2011

Last of April


A nice Saturday morning swim, at the lido quite early my body clock is all out of sync with these bank holiday weekends. Only a couple of people in the water swimming together quite fast so I waited for them and joined them on the way back, but soon left them behind. Then a chap in a green cap (above) got in who was even faster, one of the first pair who was speedier joined him and they set off, I marked my distance against them and slowly managed to pass them. Then I almost had a bit of a crash, when I had last looked they were a good five metres to my right but now one guy was right in front of me and I had to put out my hand to stop him. I guess neither of us had been looking, but they had drifted to the left as they swam down the pool. Bright and sunny with a cool east wind the water is still 15ºC but felt nicer than yesterday I did twenty two lengths with no sauna afterwards. Elizabeth and Pip were chatting when I got out, Elizabeth said she had been unwell and was wondering if it was the cloudy water that was responsible.




End of the month it's statistics time, not counting the kilometre I did at Brockwell Lido:
In April 2011 the water temperature ranged from 11ºC to 17ºC
I swam a total of 586 lengths
Which is 58600 yards, about 33 miles or 53Km
I did 24 seperate swims
Longest single swim 36 lengths, shortest 22 lengths
Scores on the doors: ten yellow, five green, five red and four blue

One less swim than March but almost twice the distance. I think it might be hard to beat this months total when the sauna goes off although twenty two without a sauna is much better than I managed last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment