Friday 22 April 2011

Perfect day


It doesn't get much better than this. A sunny bank holiday made the lido a popular place this morning, I wonder how many non members came in to see if they could swim? The pool was limited to twenty swimmers at any one time so I had to wait a few minutes in the sunshine before I got in which wasn't too hard. Then I saw Carl getting out, he'd just done thirty six lengths so my challenge was set. I got in, the water was 15ºC but still quite cloudy even though the bottom is cleaner thanks to all those scrubbers. It seems quite crowded with twenty people in half the pool, a mixture of skin and wetsuited novices, racers and amblers and it took a little while to get into my rhythm. Thirty six was easier than I thought it would be, I'll have to up my morning distance if it stays this warm. I went into the sauna which was populated by little girls, the heater had actually gone off although it was still warmer than outside but I didn't stay for long. Around the pool was busy, Inez was enjoying the sun, I warned her not to swim too much and she said she'd heed my advice. Barbara complemented me on my stroke which was kind because it isn't that good. A shower then I took in the sun for a moment before going home.


No comments:

Post a Comment