Thursday 7 April 2011

Racing Alfonso


Another sunny morning, Alfonso arrived at the Lido just before me. The first thing he said, 'How far are you swimming?' I told him I did twenty two yesterday, he had only been thinking of doing eighteen. We set off at a slow pace and I got a little ahead of him so I stopped to take the picture above. The yellow at the top is his hat and you can just see a bit of his face.


After he set off I put the camera away and gave chase. Once I was alongside Alfonso sped up some more and the race was on. We swam shoulder to shoulder occasionally bumping into each other, Alfonso tends to veer to the right as he swims I think. We were both exhausted at the end but had both enjoyed a good swim. Twenty lengths in all, the water was 12.5ºC.


1 comment:

  1. great shot of Alfonso! who won?! I guess you if you had time to overtake, stop and take the photo ;)

    ReplyDelete