Thursday 24 May 2012

Two miles


The warmest day and night of the year saw the temperature rocket up to 16ÂșC. The crowds still haven't descended on the lido making this the best time of the year for a swim. I started off just outside the the lines on the track side of the pool. The swim trek coach was doing a few lengths ( I guess his lessons were over) try as I might there was no way I could keep up with him. After my first mile Alfonso joined me in the water.


Chris and Sue were also swimming track side. Sue B later played a recording of Chris singing his 'I love Tooting' lido song. It's in the style of George Formby, Vince accompanys on ukulele. It's very good and I'll post a link to it when it's online.


A bit too far away to catch Alfonso's tumble. He's doing the Eton lake swim this Sunday, Good luck!


The sky was grey this morning but it was very warm. The water felt great, pity it's gone a little cloudy.


I'm loving the reflection on this picture, despite a strong kick Alfonso is a very smooth swimmer. I completed thirty six lengths just over two miles and the longest swim I've done this year. It took me just under an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment