Thursday 15 May 2014

Ricoh WG-4


Another beautiful morning, I arrived a little early and had done ten lengths before Alfonso joined me. I was trying out a new camera today, the Ricoh WG-4. It's an update of the Pentax that I usually use. That's Vince swimming above.

I went on to do twenty two length again. The picture format is 1:16 giving a more wide screen shape to the images which will take a bit of getting used to. The screen is larger but it isn't really any easier to see when taking pictures in the water. David taken using the zoom.

It takes a while to get used to a new camera, the WG-4 is bigger in size and feels a bit clumsy to use. I would not be able to actually swim with it. Here comes Sue!

Nick takes on the challenge of a fast length - he lost. The camera is happy in bright light but I don't think it's so good indoors or in low light. I'm hoping to do a comparative review with some of the other new waterproof cameras on the market - watch this space.

This is the bearded tattooed swimmer who is attempting the channel this summer (I don't know his name?). Probably my favourite shot of the morning. Although the stats for the camera are impressive (it goes to 14m deep) and there are a few new electronic settings it isn't really that much of an improvement on what I use already.

No comments:

Post a Comment